Chair: Amanda Darekar
The objectives of the Careers and Academic Liaison Committee (CALC) are to promote careers for statisticians and programmers within the pharmaceutical industry, through school and university activities and establishing
links with relevant professional groups. By working directly with schools and universities, and via our external Careers website, we provide information to individuals interested in careers as either statisticians or statistical programmers within the
industry. Our activities include:
- Developing and running interactive workshops for schools
- Giving careers talks at universities
- Attending and organising regional and national careers events
- Raising awareness of general issues such as cuts to MSc funding and changes to A level mathematics and statistics curriculum
- Working with other organisations such as the Royal Statistical Society (RSS)
We are always on the lookout for people to help with our initiatives, for example running a workshop in a school, giving a university careers talk or writing a profile about working in the industry. If you are interested in becoming involved in any of
our activities and can spare even just a little bit of time, please get in touch with any of the committee.
If you have any careers related questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
The committee meet 4 times a year to discuss current topics and agenda items.